Friday 9 October 2009

Day 2 of 26

I didn't get fired.

I managed to hang on by a mere thread, dangling on a tiny scrap of humiliation and almost hoping I'll be dropped into the jobless chasm below rather than have to keep returning to my boss empty handed, like returning to the same plate of cold stew every day and finding that as each day goes by, it congeals beyond recognition and becomes more inedible, until it's finally toxic.

I used to be really good at sales. That sounds wistful, nostalgic even, longing for the good old days of sales, when people wore braces, and Gordon Gekko's ruled the roost. But actually, I was really really good at sales, and I almost always hit my targets, and had an unwavering self belief that I could do it. But ever since I have worked where I am now, this seems to have evaporated, and I seem to have become a parody of a sales person - repelling sales almost, so that prospects flee immediately whenever I come into the vicinity.

There are many reasons for this, and the main one is that I don't have self belief at the moment, and because I am really scared of my boss - every minute of the day I dread getting an email from him (he always emails, never phones) asking me what the hell is going on? This makes me even more rubbish at what I am doing, so that it becomes an all consuming vicious circle.

I just had to stop as I realised I had been frowning intently thinking about this debacle and I will get a very deep line in betwen my eyebrows if I'm not careful.

Anyway, on to Day 2 of money making online to stop myself from being fired. Today I got a big box of dvds and books through the post, so I have been looking through them and scrutinising everything so find the quickest way to money as possible. I've got a couple of products to license and sell which are around £3000 each, so this should be an excellent way to start off.

I will be investigating further tomorrow.......

No comments:

Post a Comment