Monday 12 October 2009

Day 5 of 26

Money made so far: £0



21 days to go: £60,000 to make - yikes!



That's £20,000 per week, or £2857 per day.



This is still definitely doable.



I'm on the way back from Manchester now and ruminating on the task at hand that still lies ahead.



No matter what, I am going to do this.



The meeting with my boss went surprisingly well, although I didn't tell him about the confirmed bookings I had which now want to cancel.



So when he hears about that, he will definitely become apoplectic with rage.



I just don't know when I am going to tell him . Tomorrow would be a very good day, seeing as the event is in 3 weeks time.



But maybe I'll leave it until Wednesday.



I'm not really sure why I am so scared of my boss. Apart from the eruptions of pure anger which I am witnessing more and more frequently, he is generally quite jovial, wise and inspirational. Having run record labels for the past 20 years, and managed bands, he has witnessed more bullshitters than most people would come across in 10 lifetimes, yet somehow, he always trusts what I tell him - which makes it more and more easy to let him remain in ignorance to the real facts, than to face his abject fury.



The reason he scares me is, I think, because I secretly always have thought that I would get fired, because I couldn't believe my luck when I got the job. And I've always thought that maybe he really would see through me and realise that I am rubbish at my job.



But this is silly, because I always was very good at my job, until I started doubting myself and that it when it started to go wrong.



So - I should really practice what I preach and watch The Secret and realise that it is all within my power to change what is happening to me.



After all, this was why I decided to set myself this challenge to make £60,000 in 26 days.



And I know that I WILL make something - and someone out there will get 10%



So make sure you email me your guess in pounds and pence: afoolishgirl1@gmail.com


One of the ways I'm going to make money is through selling some information products online, which I am almost ready to launch, tomorrow.


Step by step, I'll explain how I do this from scratch, so that should I be successful, anyone can copy my exact steps, and this will be on a very scant and showstring budget I promise, as I haven't got a penny to spend on marketing at the moment.

So, have a guess on what I'll make, if only for a laugh, and to marvel at how foolish I am to be in this situation.

You might ask what the catch is, and there really is none - only the desire to be motivated to make this money, and also to offer the tips I get to anyone who also wants to stop being in the situation of depending on their sales prospects and their employer for money, and to take control of their money once and for all - and of course to offer someone the chance to share in what I earn, as we all deserve a break in life sometimes.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Becca
    Valpubs from RRW here
    OK.. you have 2 £3000 licenses to sell
    You have experience of selling online and offline
    You currently have a low level of self-belief
    You have 20 days to make £60K
    I assume you don't have a list or a JV lined up
    I'm sticking my neck out here but I'm thinking £53K in 20 days.

    The best way to hit this would be for you to fire your boss before he fires you. At least that way you get more time on the online 'job' and less stress from an angry boss.

    Anyway £53K in 20 days is my guess

    ReplyDelete